Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!☺

Chinese New Year is just around the corner! I’m sure many families have already done their spring cleaning and changing of furniture. So has my family. We have already made preparations for the upcoming Chinese New Year.

Firstly, we have grinded, laminated and polished our parquet flooring to perfection. We changed it from a worn out wooden flooring to a brand new looking parquet flooring. We also threw some of our old furniture like the ancient table and squeaky bed frame and replace them with new, better looking ones. Apart from that, we did a thorough sweep of the house, throwing away unwanted stuff and tidying the rooms.

Chinese New Year is one of the best times for reunion dinners. One of the best things I like about Chinese New Year is that I get to visit my relatives. On the 12th of February I there will be a reunion dinner for my father’s side of the family. We will be going to the same restaurant we go annually. While on the 13th of February, another reunion dinner will be held for my mother’s side of the family. With my cousins around, we will sure have a lot of fun!☺
Apart from the reunion dinners, we bought some Chinese New Year goodies and some oranges for the visiting of my grand-aunt. Every year, there will be a family gathering at my grand-aunt’s house. My cousins will be going too.☺ There, we will eat my grand-aunt’s home made noodles. Yum!

Chinese New Year is one of my favourite days of the year. Happy Chinese New Year to all!☺