Sunday, January 24, 2010

My CCA - Concert Band

In secondary school, everybody as a CCA (except those who quited theirs).My CCA is the concert band. I had just recently joined it last year. A lot of people has asked my why I choose the Concert Band as my CCA. Well, as a piano player, I like music and I thought that Concert Band was one of the most musically inclined CCA, so why not? With the help of my piano background, I was enrolled into concert band. During this one year in the concert band, I have made many new friends and learnt how to play a new instrument- The Clarinet!☺

The Concert Band is a very heavy CCA as it requires you to attend its practices thrice a week, excluding the individual practices that you have to do everyday. But it’s worth the effort. Why? Because it confirms you an A for your CCA points. There are many activities that the Concert Band take parts in that will get you the CCA points you need. For example, the first was a performance in the school – Recollections ll. That was definitely a good experience as it was our first performance. There was also an exchange program with Green ville secondary. From the exchange program, we learnt how other bands practise. Next month, on the second day of the Chinese New Year, we will be performing at the Istana. We will be playing some tough pieces and other Chinese New Year songs. After that, we will be going for our overseas performance which is only held once every three years! That would definitely be something to look forward to.

The Concert Band is also like a second class. You get to make new friends. Sometimes, there are sleepovers and barbecues for batch bonding. That is why I joined the Concert Band.☺